The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
Nothing to do with dogs, but I have been trying to access the booking site; first book in date given 1st October. then changed to 5th October, now appears to be 11th  October. Has anybody managed to book in yet?
John
Been hill climbing/ sprinting/ trialing for years, dogs not always allowed, where are the races ? Hill climbs at this event ?

Not sure I said that- I was suggesting in Victoria at least dog owners must leave their dogs behind for these events Big Grin  
(04-10-2021, 11:32 PM)john williams Wrote: Nothing to do with dogs, but I have been trying to access the booking site; first book in date given 1st October. then changed to 5th October, now appears to be 11th  October. Has anybody managed to book in yet?
John

I believe they are having tech issues
well Tony you would have to be an idiot to take a pet to a competition event as this involves "life and limb", as for nrzams "Yawn",comment does that mean "this does not effect me so just stop talking about it". I have had more time now to reflect on this and it seems to pose a lot of questions for instance "are they going to hold dog training sessions in an around a "thousand Austin Sevens and their owners " or in and around a miriad of tents campervans , and motorhomes. are the animals being trained only going to be put off by other animals and not by a gathering of nice silent cars and their owners feel free to shoot me down if you wish Rob.
Robert - no one is going to shoot you. It is very simple, the terms and conditions that we are having to adhere to say 'no dogs on site'. This is not a rule imposed by the organisers on a whim...
Restrictions on pets is hardly unusual - if you were staying in a Premier Inn for example, they will only accommodate a guide dog.
There are hundreds on dog boarding kennels all over the country. I know there are good and bad ones but with some research a good one can be found. Why can’t dog owners use this facility.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I find this dogs at the centenary event issue very annoying! From the off it has been made clear that it is a no dogs event. It isn't Crufts, it is absolutely nothing to do with dogs,
    Life is full of rules, obey them or don't participate but just stop moaning.
I am a dog owner and a dog lover but I accept that there are many events/places where dogs are not welcome!!
(05-10-2021, 09:18 AM)Ian McGowan Wrote: I find this dogs at the centenary event issue very annoying! From the off it has been made clear that it is a no dogs event. It isn't Crufts, it is absolutely nothing to do with dogs,
    Life is full of rules, obey them or don't participate but just stop moaning.
I am a dog owner and a dog lover but I accept that there are many events/places where dogs are not welcome!!

Hi Ian

Well said!

Cheers

Howard
(05-10-2021, 03:26 AM)jpsmit Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 11:32 PM)john williams Wrote: Nothing to do with dogs, but I have been trying to access the booking site; first book in date given 1st October. then changed to 5th October, now appears to be 11th  October. Has anybody managed to book in yet?
John

I believe they are having tech issues
I can't find those dates - where did they come from? Perhaps you were trying to book direct with the college?