The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
I do not understand what the presence of other dogs cats or any other pet will cause problems with the training of dogs? Surely they will meet these on a daily basis in their working lives, indeed there will no doubt be wild animals in the vicinity of their environs,throw in a few assistance dogs and the rule is compromised.Also are the dogs they not canine?
Are you happy to help oversee finding local day care for those in a similar position to yourself, we have made appeals previously but nobody has yet come forward?
I like very many of our members of the Austin Seven clubs am of the "getting on a bit Brigade", and I have to admit the only bits of information taken on board was when the event was taking place and how far was it for me to drive there . I wish now that I had read more about any restrictions if I had I would probably have asked is there some other place to hold the event , "anyhow to late now", but many of very important historic sevens are owned by the pet owner and older members who like me suffer a bit of tunnel vision. for those who can attend enjoy the event and I wish you good weather regards to all
well done to all the organisers so far.

being a dog owner myself, i can understand those who feel put out. but we have sorted other arrangments for the dog for that week.

so should be there in some form or another.

i can also see the problems the organisers must have, over finding venues with enough accomadation for hopefully everyone. as well as grounds for camping etc. hard to get everything you wish for, so something has to give. sadly this time is no dogs. a one off event must be a nightmere.

and yes i understand last minute problems, for me the latter the booking, will mean less of a display i get to complete for the 7 world. or i just bang up a standard stall? so we all have our problems.

tony.
I will be leaving my dog at home with my wife.
My wife enjoys a drive out but would not enjoy the full scale event.
I managed to do Longbridge in 1982 and 2005 both with different Austin Specials.
So I look forward to the event and seeing how many of the familys old Austin Sevens turn up.
The Dog on the bonnet in my Avatar will be 13 next year.
To be honest Robert, there were probably hundred's of other places the event could have been held. In fact, we considered many of them. But none of them - none of them - offered the complete package that the Fire Service College offered with space, camping, hotel accommodation, restaurant facilities that could service the hundreds of people that will eat every day and is set in a beautiful part of the Country that people will be able to enjoy in their Sevens.. It's always going to be a bit of a drive for someone..
As this is a once in a lifetime event that I didn’t want to miss, I have already made arrangements for Sidney to be looked after so that’s one less thing to worry about!
Obviously none of the objecting dog owners ever go to a motor race/hill climb meeting- or is that just here ?
Been hill climbing/ sprinting/ trialing for years, dogs not always allowed, where are the races ? Hill climbs at this event ?
Yawn.......