The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GB plates no longer valid
What identifiable problem is this change trying to solve?

It just seems to be a waste of time and money across the board.

c
Do the continentals care if it’s GB or UK or is it a case that we won’t be allowed out of the country with the wrong plate? (Why did I write that! I really don’t care)
Joe
(30-09-2021, 05:06 PM)Charles P Wrote: What identifiable problem is this change trying to solve?

c

Agreed.  I will just ignore the diktat and see what happens.  On the Continent, the GB sign is generally recognised.  A UK sign simply means nil points. Big Grin

Of course the irony is that the Nations of Great Britain have never been LESS United since the formation of the Union. Confused
Perhaps they are dropping the GB because they have finally woken up to the fact that Britain is no longer Great; and adopting UK because we are all, Utterly Kiboshed?
Hi All

Perhaps it’s a bit of a belated move…….UK identifiers do include all those colonial outposts that used to “belong”? to us. I can only think of Gibraltar as an example now. Gib can’t be thought of as part of Briton (spelling deliberate) but is part of the kingdom. 

In any case it is another move to destroy our customs and traditions and add confusion (perhaps deliberately)

Cheers

Howard
(30-09-2021, 05:43 PM)Ray White Wrote:
(30-09-2021, 05:06 PM)Charles P Wrote: What identifiable problem is this change trying to solve?

c

Agreed.  I will just ignore the diktat and see what happens.  On the Continent, the GB sign is generally recognised.  A UK sign simply means nil points. Big Grin

Of course the irony is that the Nations of Great Britain have never been LESS United since the formation of the Union. Confused

Under present circs I wouldn't count on too much goodwill from the Gendarmerie Ray.
I think the change is something to do with Northern Ireland. Not part of Great Britain but is part of the United Kingdom.
(30-09-2021, 07:34 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: I think the change is something to do with Northern Ireland. Not part of Great Britain but is part of the United Kingdom.

As it has been for 99 years or so, making this a rather slow decision, even by the standards of politics 

C
I am disappointed that "Republic of South Yorkshire" is not recognised.
You'll have to move to Upper Kirklees, David; the first independent British borough to have its own international identity plate  Big Grin