The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion
Having made a couple of wing tanks for GE Cup models, I am offering them for sale. The more orders the cheaper they become, I'm sure you'll understand the costs for "one-offs" are higher than batches. Mounting brackets also available. I attach pics of a brass and a painted tinplate (tinned steel) versions. Please PM me if you are interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One might have helped me yesterday when I managed to run out of petrol on a day when some filling stations were empty.
You mean you don't carry a can? I was out there filling up any spare container, pot, pan, biscuit tin with the rest of the panic buyers. I mean, if they say there won't be a shortage it's my bounden duty to help in the creation of one isn't it?
A discussion on Friday.

"Oi, you shouldn't fill a jerry can."

"My 2CV tank holds slightly less than 5 gallons, this is a 2 gallon can. How many gallons are you putting into your Kia SUV tossmobile?"

Answer came there none.
(26-09-2021, 08:03 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: You mean you don't carry a can? 

Yes I carry a can Duncan, but most of the gallon can had been used in the mower. So I wasn't sure it would get me to Ripon, so turned into Harrogate. Shell on Ripon Road had nothing. Esso on Skipton Road had just Super-unleaded.  £1.55 per litre!
Hi Duncan

Those tanks really look very good.  

I have just made a bracket for a small can on the Special.  I was tempted with trying to find a vintage can but have been put off by an experience I had at Tesco last year.

I was refused permission to fill up a labelled 1940s war department steel can and told only E marked cans could be used.

Anyone else been told that vintage cans cannot be used at filling stations?

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's a neat mount but I must admit to preferring a metal can, particularly on an exterior mount.
Re. the E marking I find it best to present a "fait-accompli" , they can't put it back in the pump!
(27-09-2021, 07:49 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Duncan

Those tanks really look very good.  

I have just made a bracket for a small can on the Special.  I was tempted with trying to find a vintage can but have been put off by an experience I had at Tesco last year.

I was refused permission to fill up a labelled 1940s war department steel can and told only E marked cans could be used.

Anyone else been told that vintage cans cannot be used at filling stations?

Cheers

Howard 

You were unlucky, but then again I don't fill up at Tesco (or anywhere at the moment) 
They never normally notice what can I'm filling since I usually do it whilst also filling a modern.
Anyway, the tank in my car predates E marking too.
I'm with Duncan on the metal can thing.

C
It's UKCA now... (Same rules as before, but we've "taken control")
Hi Duncan

I thought I had the can hidden by the side of the car but they switched the pump off before I had chance to fill it  Angry.  No chance of a fait-accompli.

I would have preferred a metal can but the car is a Special  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard