The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion
It's a wonder the plonker with the bucket and bin bag wasn't smoking a fag at the same time...
Duncan, Dave, how fortunate you are to live in an area where tap water is drinkable!
I harbour a suspicion that Anglian Water has a commercial interest in bottled water too and makes the crap from the tap deliberately unpalatable in order to sell more of it.

.png   Screenshot 2021-09-30 135211.png (Size: 89.69 KB / Downloads: 570)

the trouble with a lot of this stuff is... well... it's difficult to trust whether it is true, current, recycled or worse.
For a refreshing dose of common sense about drinking water -

https://blogs.bmj.com/bjsm/2011/05/12/re...ans-valid/

Ian
(30-09-2021, 12:04 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Duncan, Dave, how fortunate you are to live in an area where tap water is drinkable!
I harbour a suspicion that Anglian Water has a commercial interest in bottled water too and makes the crap from the tap deliberately unpalatable in order to sell more of it.

Eeeh, I remember my first high-hiking tour into France in 1966 and being advised to take water purification tablets as that filthy French water wasn't safe to drink. This was shown to be true as every grocer's shop (there weren't many supermarchés in them days) sold drinking water and most taps in cafes had "eau non potable" labels on the wall. Of course good old British tap water was the best in the world. Situation somewhat reversed now that our publicly owned utilities were sold back to us under privatisation and instead of treating our sewage which reduces dividends, it's put into rivers and thence to the system. (cf SW water and the River Wye)
Plus ca change...
Still, I have had enquiries about wing tanks, perhaps I should go into making water bowsers?
The learned article does not seem to indicate whether eleven hours of open motoring in torrential autumn rain allows adequate water intake merely through the skin. One possible entry area is via the elbows, when the rain has been able to get down the sleeve of the waterproof jacket and form a little pool.
Well, I do know that the cure for water on the knees is to wear drainpipes...
I'll get me coat
(30-09-2021, 11:39 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Well, I do know that the cure for water on the knees is to wear drainpipes...
I'll get me coat

A tap on the knee works quite well too...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
(30-09-2021, 09:29 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote:
(30-09-2021, 12:04 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Duncan, Dave, how fortunate you are to live in an area where tap water is drinkable!

Eeeh, I remember my first high-hiking tour into France in 1966 and being advised to take water purification tablets as that filthy French water wasn't safe to drink. This was shown to be true as every grocer's shop (there weren't many supermarchés in them days) sold drinking water and most taps in cafes had "eau non potable" labels on the wall. Of course good old British tap water was the best in the world. Situation somewhat reversed now that our publicly owned utilities were sold back to us under privatisation and instead of treating our sewage which reduces dividends, it's put into rivers and thence to the system. (cf SW water and the River Wye)
Plus ca change...
Still, I have had enquiries about wing tanks, perhaps I should go into making water bowsers?

Oh Lord, those tablets were a sure way to make a bottle of water safe but undrinkable! They aren't quite so bad these days. I spent a fair bit of time in rural India, sometimes in places where the only water supply was a stagnant pool. Those drinking bottles with a filter built into the neck are jolly handy.
A small batch of wing tanks finished today, two for G.E. Cup models and one for a saloon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)