The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typre 65 for restoration
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1382810
An interesting project that appears complete and, apart from hydraulic brakes, largely original.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thats lovely
i like that.

a nice build for someone.

and a nice reg 3 letters 2 numbers.

tony
Interesting that the RF 60 gives the engine number as 182671, 2202 units behind the chassis number.
65 chassis 184750 (120-ish digits behind this one) has an engine two digits away from this one... does anyone know CN 5816?
Suggesting that Nippy engines were assembled in batches and then used on the production line as demand required?
Shame about the headlamps.
(16-09-2021, 04:54 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Suggesting that Nippy engines were assembled in batches and then used on the production line as demand required?

as per the Ulsters and later on... considerable batching evident.
Nice Project,
I suspect it might be a bit on the pricey side for some.
It would need to be a DIY rebuild not an open cheque book job to be worth doing within current values.
There have been complete runners advertised recently for not a lot more which were a bit rough round the edges.
It looks like it has got the wrong steering arm on it which is unusual considering it came off the road so long ago.

Mind you the engine is probably worth £3500 to £4000 even in bits needing work.
So if the car got broken it would make profit ( This would be a Crime )
I know it has been done to a late three bearing pressure fed Nippy in the last few years for profit.