The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow restoration
(26-01-2022, 04:44 PM)JonE Wrote: I wonder if any evidence of red on the wheels? Exciting stuff. Great combination.
Would be great if you could, from the evidence, mark that side view up with where you think the cream/red split was. It looks the red wasn't just on the wings from one of those pictures?

I did not yet tried to strip the paint off the wheels. I found traces of red paint on the body only on the inner parts of wheel arches, and on the door aperture contour.
I found a similar split line on the pictures of another 65 Arrow and it is usual on restored Swallows, as far as I know. If someone has any other informations will be very welcome.
[Image: Swallow-9.jpg]

I also found that radius arms on my car have been boxed. What could be the purpose of this treatment?
Cream with red wings and interior seems plausible but I have never seen a colour picture of an unrestored car in this combination. I assume you have now been in contact with the arrow register Jim may have information that would confirm your suspicions. People box radius arms in an attempt to stiffen them, one of the failures of the A7 front axle design is that it tends to twist under braking load releasing the brake cable tension in the process!
Black Art Enthusiast
I have boxed the Radius arms on my EB 65
I did it to make the front brakes work a bit better by holding the axle in place, the radius arms flexed too much for me.
I am running original cables so when I stand on the brakes I am pulling the axle backwards on the cables and then it is trying to twist as the wheels try to stop rotating the end result is that I can just lock the front wheels under braking.
It makes my car Modified under the VSCC rules though.
Here I am again.
No great update about works on my Arrow, apart I finished body paint stripping.
Meanwhile I was able to contact the first italian owner of the car, who bought it in 1972 in Bournesmouth and then imported the car to Italy.
He gave me some period pictures of the car. As you can see, the car was actually light yellow with dark red wings and wheels.
Maybe someone could help me to trace the british part of its history?
[Image: WhatsApp%20Image%202022-11-13%20at%2008.21.59%20(6).jpg]
[Image: WhatsApp%20Image%202022-11-13%20at%2008.22.00%20(2).jpg]
Your car OY 8726 was first registered in the town of Croydon (now a part of Greater London) probably in the early months of 1934 - the first OY registration issued in January 1934 was OY 7572. Apparently all Local Authority registration records for Croydon have been destroyed.