The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beaulieu 2021
good to see some forum member at beaulieu.

and other friends to have a chat and laugh with.

and yes i still recognised stuart and pat Wink

hope you all enjoyed it, and the fantastic wheather that came with it.

tony
Good to see you there Tony and many thanks for the bits and pieces you brought along for me.
It was hot wasn't it - and next time I lose my car in the car park I'll try not to buy a gearbox to carry while I'm looking for it...
as i was waiting to get the pickup in at the end of the show today, there were two people carrying a 1931 rear axle out to the car park.

i hope they found there car easier than you did chris.

they were making it look heavy.

tony
I was there on Saturday, although I wouldn't know another forum member if I saw one!

Much better weather than I was expecting, and I managed to get a socket that fits the Chummy's spark plugs at last.
It was good to see people picking up the parts they needed.

I got a couple of rear goodies for my own collection.

Below a 1920s Pyrene motor meter, boyce. Subsequently took them to court over copyright of the motor meter. And the production quickly stopped. This is the first one I've seen in 30 years

Another gem for me,

And I've have to watch 4 over the last 3 year go through auctions at prices far far past what I can warrant paying.

As most people would expect a plastic clock to be cheap, far from it.

This one was more sensibly priced.

So I snapped it up.

Sorry missed a pic,

For those interested this is the reverse side of the pyrene motor meter.

As far as I know it's the only one that works in this way.

Tony

Well that’s something I’ve never seen before, I assume it’s the same company that made the fire extinguishers...quite a find!
Hi ivor,

Yep, same company.

Chuffed with that one.

Like the rest of them, when I get a chance, I'll give it a clean. And mount it on an old austin 7 piston.

Tony.
Good afternoon all. An interesting IAJ,  Saturday seemed very well attended but a notable decline in the number of A7 enthuiasts and a remarkable quantity of A7 parts for sale. Sunday was a day for tyre kickers and ice cream lickers.
What we did notice was how friendly everyone was - post lockdown relief?
Hi stuart,

From the vendors who usually come and talk to me, I dont think it was good for most seller.

And we have decisions to make for next year ourselves, although I'm putting that behind me at the moment. As I have 6 months before I need to make a final decision.

Beaulieu know there are problems, and as they dont like dropping prices. At some point they will have to make the decision over how long the event continues?

It was interesting to hear of beaulieu sending round servey people to stall holder, on questions of will they return next year.

I hear the main reply, was I'm at that old age I havent thought about what I'm doing tomorrow. Let alone 12 months time Big Grin

Because they never think about there customers. Only themselves. They have never thought about how many vendors they loose each year due to the average age of stall holders.

On the bright side, I had noticed the large percentage of 7 parts I had out. That fetch more on ebay. So someone will be busy over the winter months.

Tony.
Hello Tony, I fully agree, only 5 of my sales were to visitors with Austin 7’s the rest were for all sorts of applications. That said I bought well both for my 7’s and 12/4. I broke even but have decided that many of my non A7 lamps are going to be weighed in as they have travelled more miles to and from shows with me than ever they did attached to an old motor.
I am grateful to you for bringing down the parts I needed and Tony Leslie for the superb bronze updraft carb that was so reasonably priced. Others have said it before but we are so well served by our cherished suppliers and congratulations to Jamie of the 7 workshop whose daughter presented him with a grandson on Sunday.
Will I trade at Beaulieu next year? Much depends on how much I sell at the Centenary event.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire