The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Fabric
Hi All.
What sort of maintenance is required to keep in good condition.
One of the issues in NZ is the very High UV light which fades every thing.

Cheers 
Colin
NZ
What type of fabric have you used Colin?
HI Ruairidh,
Have not used anything yet, just the project working on at the moment
after seeing your cup model which is great by the way
just trying to get a handle on the pros & cons

Cheers
Colin
NZ
We are not known for excessive sunshine this close to the Arctic but it is made from this (as are most cars of the same build) and appears very durable: https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/s...or+quality
May be worth noting the same vendor stocks a range of potions for care and protection of exterior fabrics https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/category/97/hoodcare

Woolies have been around for years & I'm sure they are well placed to advise on what may or may not be necessary. 

In my limited personal experience double duck fades considerably over the years but leathercloth less so.
Colin I used the Woolies Exterior leather cloth on one of my cars, I found no issues with fadeing or other deterioration in the NZ and would have no hesitating recommending it to you. What colour are you searching for, I have some of their 24-GRN left over from another project.

I would also add that the grain pattern matches almost perfectly an original sample of Rexine from one car which passed through my hands.
Black Art Enthusiast
I used the Woolies exterior material on the fabric special body I built in the early 1990's. Never had any problems with fading or deterioration despite trialling it into the late 2000's. It certainly led a hard life!! I found 'Autoglym Vinyl and Leather Care' excellent for keeping it clean and getting trialling residue out of the grain.

Steve
THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS,
Very Helpfull

Colin
NZ