The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed App
There has been a mention of a downloadable Speed App before.
Can anybody recommend a simple (preferably free!) App just to tell me what my speed actually is? I can then mark my speedo accordingly.
As my car is the Spanish Coupe I bought back a few years ago, has a kilometre speedo and I have changed it to a 5.25 axle, the read out is not much use at present!
Thanks in anticipation.........
I find those interactive road signs ("your speed is...") quite helpful. In fact I drive considerably faster in villages now I know how much my speedo is under-reading... Rolleyes
I use a free one from the Apple store. It's called Speedometer, it's free and it has vertically divided icon half green, half red.
It also has an odometer and if you wish you can buy extras (I didn't ) .Very useful for checking your calibration of the mechanical one.
It also has a max speed record, mine shows 128mph!
( I rarely admit to having turned it on while on the train!)
On Android, DigiHUD. Very large readout that is easy to see when driving.
And could someone recommend one of the revcounter apps for Android please.
(24-08-2021, 06:36 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I use a free one from the Apple store. It's called Speedometer, it's free and it has  vertically divided icon half green, half red.
It also has an odometer and if you wish you can buy extras (I didn't ) .Very useful for checking your calibration of the mechanical one.
It also has a max speed record, mine shows 128mph!
( I rarely admit to having turned it on while on the train!)

+1.

Cheers

Howard
I have checked  my speedometers with my TomTom. All my cars are equipped with sockets; no need for a voltage covertor because the TomTom runs at usb voltage (5V). Having had the Riley speedo rebuilt and geared to suit my higher than standard axle ratio the speedo reads exactly the same as the TomTom at 50mph.
Thanks all - Speedometer it shall be then.
Also I did not know that Sat Navs will run on 6V - I'll try my old Garmin and see what it does.
What a wealth of experience and knowledge there is amongst Forum users. of course!
Also, if you can mount it, some iPhone speedometers offer a "head-up" display by reflecting on the screen< Some also measure acceleration times. But, be careful, if you have an apple account you can find yourself charged not just for a one-ff fee, but an expensive subscription.