The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was close...
Going up the A1 this afternoon I spotted a Mini pickup ahead of us, and the reg number looked kind of familiar. There it was: KFO 439.

Which is remarkably close to the reg on my Austin Seven 'Camionette' (ex-Mike and Gill Davis, ex-David and Janet Edroff): KFO 436. Seen here with me, Janet and Gill at Cottered a couple of years ago. 

.png   image_2021-08-22_180841.png (Size: 665.2 KB / Downloads: 423)
I think KFO is one of DVLA's age-related sequences, probably issued about twenty years ago, in which case you may yet see 435 or 437!
Interesting Mike. A quick look online shows other KFO/three number series registrations for sale at well over £1000. I have no idea if mine is transferable and would not sell it away from the car anyway.
Checking on the DVLA website, KFO 435 is on a 1952 Ferrari, and KFO 437 is a 1955 Morris Minor!
Well I am jolly pleased to have the finest vehicle in the sequence!
FO (Radnorshire) had, along with FP (Rutland), the slowest rate of registrations outside Scotland. Radnorshire was still issuing two-letter, four number registrations until the summer of 1958. The three-letter, three number series had barely got going when year suffix letters were introduced, so there must be plenty of *FOs still on the shelf at DVLA.
The DVLA staff regularly forget to tick the 'non transferable' box when issuing age related numbers. They've been forgetting years, and are still doing it.

Its pot luck if you get one that you could sell on.