The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tayna battery - is it me?
Since posting this thread about battery suppliers I have used Alpha twice more. Packing of the battery for shipment still excellent. Price is now about £79 delivered.
https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=5735
Alpha Batteries 6v 421
eBay single battery £79.99
eBay pair £149.99

Thanks for that. Not bad and has the advantage of being on eBay so can be bought with a single click! Still a few pence more than the cheapest Exide though, and the spec - 77Ah, 55 CCA - is not quite as good so I think I'll stick with the Plymouth one.
Expensive batteries! This is part of the reason I moved to 12 volt on the seven. All my cars (2 moderns and 2 old) are fitted with 063 batteries. Reasonably priced, available everywhere, and because they fit so many different cars they are less likely to have sat on a shelf somewhere for months or years.
there is a new Alphaplus 6V 77aH on facebook in Halifax for 45 quid, so someone may get it for less... if you are in that neck of the woods. Looks like someone has sold their 6V car.
I ordered one from Batteries & Solar last weekend and it arrived on Tuesday morning. As JonE described earlier, very well packed in with the top sealed with gaffer tap, wrapped in paper in a plastic bag, surrounded by foam and bubble wrap inside a cardboard box bound with fabric tape. They even supplied a pair of gloves, presumably in case any acid had got on the gaffer tape (it hadn't). The box and bag were recycled but as the P&P was free I can't complain about that.

[Image: Solar-Battery.md.jpg]

It genuinely took me longer to unpack the battery than it did to fit it.

Tayna's price of £59.99 is the lowest I found for the battery, but their delivery charge of £26.09 seems disproportionate.
The tape was so good that I tried to recycle mine for future use, but I've now forgotten where I stuck the (sticky) strips...
I had one delivered to work. Not from Tayna, from a competitor. It arrived similarly wrapped, but the box was damp and dripping. 

I played hell and they sent me some acid to top up. 

A month later there was a hole in the carpet at reception. ......