The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat tyre repair - Oxygen Theif!
(20-08-2021, 10:42 AM)Colin Wilks Wrote: BMX tyres run at about 80psi, so any cyclist nicking air out of your car tyre will be very disappointed and their tyre will still be pretty flat after scavenging your 30 psi. I doubt the volume of a BMX tyre would reduce the car tyre's pressure by very much before they equalised, although anybody daft enough to spend 8 quid on this gizmo would probably manage to flatten both tyres before pushing their bike home.

(20-08-2021, 01:28 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

I use one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oasser-Inflator...175&sr=8-5

It was suggested on a thread I started on this very forum (search tyre pumps). So far it’s been very useful as my modern has developed a slow leak on one of the rear tyres.  I have used it on Seven tyres Big Grin .  The battery seems to last quite a long time.

Cheers

Howard
I carry one of those also, Howard. Early days yet but pleased with it so far. Smile
I run a Paxton bodied special on 15” Acron alloy motorbike wheels with Michelins.
No place for a spare and no way of mending a puncture at the roadside — the tyres fit like a whales bum and whales go very deep.
So I carry one of those compressed air canisters that contain a sealant. Fortunately I havnt had to use it yet and I guess it may be redundant anyway if the tube moves inside the tyre.
Would like to know if anyone has experience or a view on this.

Charles
When my wife bought her Astra four years ago like most moden’s it was not fitted with a spare. Instead was a canister of pressurised gas with a sealant added. The sales man gave her another similar can but different brand and advised her not to use the one provided by the cars manufacture as although it would do the job in getting her home it would ruin the tyre if a proper repair was attempted. However the one he provided would not. Something to do with the types of sealants used apparently all do not gum up the inside of the tyre and wheel rim.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I used these for trialing for years they are really good
Rekkers and Ian,

which CO2 kit do you use?
Reminds me of the automatic tyre changer:

I am always careful not to drive alongside large trucks/buses on the motorway in my little cars. 

Maybe this is why?

Simon
Robert, I have whatsapped you a photo.
Robert, mine came from either ALDI or LIDL and is called bikemate CO2 inflator pump. It was priced at £3-99 !! It would appear to be identical to this on eBay. https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/VK...-l225.webp
      I have never had to use it so can't speak of its effectiveness ( which is why I also carry a "Oasser" self powered electric pump!!)
I have one of the Inflation kits mentioned by John Mason which I bought it from an antique stall. I fact it pumps fresh air not petrol/air mixture. It uses the compression to operate a small pump valve. They come with 18mm and 14mm treads and are very efficient. You don't want to leave it pumping for long. They were made by Schrader; the tyre valve company. Excellent if you spot one for sale anywhere.