The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 tpi thread file
Hi All

Am I right in thinking that British Standard Pipe threads have a similar form to BSF and BSW?

I tried looking for a 19 tpi Whitworth file and drew a blank. Probably because 19 tpi is an Austin peculiarity. 19 tpi files are readily available in BSP thread format.

I guess that for a thread repair slight differences in the form of the thread are not that important.

Cheers

Howard
(17-08-2021, 01:38 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Am I right in thinking that British Standard Pipe threads have a similar form to BSF and BSW?

I tried looking for a 19 tpi Whitworth file and drew a blank. Probably because 19 tpi is an Austin peculiarity. 19 tpi files are readily available in BSP thread format.

I guess that for a thread repair slight differences in the form of the thread are not that important.

Cheers

Howard

BSF, BSW and BSP all have the same thread form.
Be careful with BSP Taper threads. Same TPI but a reducing depth form

c
Hi Charles

Thank you!

A previous owner has given the ball end of the torque tube I’m working on a whack!  Sad.

Cheers

Howard
Howard,
    the thread for the gland nut in the torque tube isn't 19t.p.i.
Hi Robert

Thanks for noticing. My thread gauge seemed to indicate it was.  What should it be?

Cheers

Howard

I’ve just rechecked and I think it might be 20 tpi. I was so used to seeing 19 on other threads I just assumed it was. Once again thanks.
Can often sort with a sharp edged riffler file