The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License plate mounting plate
As Mike spent a good many years in the printing trade, he knows his P & Q fonts. How does this rate?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Typical hand-painted style appropriate to the period; the P and L are perhaps a little wide, they look to be more than the regulation 2 1/2", whilst the gap between them is less than the appropriate 1/2"!

Signed: Pedants Anonymous  Cool

Number plate from my '28 saloon showing, which I believe to be, period letters / numbers
Found a photo on the net with the same arrangement Just need to fabricate the support and buy the mounting plate from a vendor. Attachment is what I found on the net.
Hi Sneezer

That’s my 1930 RK.  I am not sure if the RP has the same mounting as the spare wheel is a little higher on the rear of the car.  I am sure others will advise.

Here is a picture with the number plate painted. Just so Mike Tony and Chris can tut tut and suck their teeth at the Charles Wright font  Smile.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   32C2D3D0-3D86-46FD-AAB7-14A7E6F3D310.jpeg (Size: 115.66 KB / Downloads: 148)
All that was visible to me was the lower section. Your photo shows the obvious difference between my cars backend and yours. Any comments on what style of taillights I should install will be appreciated.  No big rush as I am not picking the car up until Sept 3rd or 4th.
That looks pretty good to me, Howard - the '2' looks to have a more rounded top than Charles Wright, and all the better for it! Incidentally, having checked, if anyone does want to use the C W font as a guide, I suggest they use C W Bold, which does have a more rounded shape.
Hi Mike

Thanks for the kind words.  The font was bold so that must have helped.

Cheers

Howard
Incidentally the mounting strap on cars without rear tank differ.
At the risk of confusing things further, here's my RP, it originally had a number plate extended on one side for a D shaped lamp, but as I had a pair of brand new Chummy style lamps in stock, I used those I chose my own font as I wanted something a little bolder...but I think it looks okay, after all it is for driving, not for showing...