The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reliant Regal Pistons?
R4 is 1.5" crank, no?
Well sort of - it’s metric.
Alan Fairless
(04-08-2021, 09:43 AM)Chris KC Wrote: My set had an oil control ring missing, I replaced it with one of Jamie's - as far as I can tell they are identical.
I may have a set of Regal pistons with A7 rings on I suppose - but the clearances seem about right.

My Googling suggests some modern makers now use bronze bushings in aluminium pistons (e.g. VW). 
I also found a supplier of bronze 'repair' bushings for worn Scott Motorcycle pistons.

No takers?

Austin 7 ring = 5/32", Hepolite 17229 ring = 1/8". QED?
Parazine - I don't have the parts to hand and may have confused myself. 
Either way, if you have a piston with rings this would not be a barrier to using it.

The pin size is not insurmountable, but in the present spares environment it seems not quite justified spending time or money on the job.
I concur. That's why I nicked the compression rings and relegated the 17229 set to the autojumble pile for someone else to use or worry about!
I think I might hold on to mine - could be made to work if the need arose. We are blessed with good supplies of important parts at present but that can change so easily.