The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wrote for the free chart....
...but no reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would definitely ring to complain. 
Number is Whitehall 1010.
Colin,
I thought it was Whitehall 1212. I have it on speed-dial and Jack Hawkins always answers.
I searched for "Vacuum Oil Co" with little optimism. It is amazing what the internet comes up with! 

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Vacuum_Oil_Co
It's interesting how, over the years, oil companies vied for Austin's business.

I have recently acquired a Shell pamphlet detailing how on June 8th, 1928 Austin's beat the 24 hour class record at Montlhery ( 1584.32 miles in 24 hours ) stating that Shell products are "approved by Austin Motor Ltd for all Austin Engines ", and that Shell oil & petrol were used throughout.

In Beatrice's book she gives the date of the attempt as the 13th June '28 and states that whilst petrol and grease was supplied by Shell, oil was by Castrol!
(04-08-2021, 09:10 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: Colin,
I thought it was Whitehall 1212. I have it on speed-dial and Jack Hawkins always answers.

We are all showing our age with this. Not even 40-year old know about Whitehall 1212....

(04-08-2021, 09:51 AM)Colin Wilks Wrote: I searched for "Vacuum Oil Co" with little optimism. It is amazing what the internet comes up with! 

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Vacuum_Oil_Co

Thanks for the link - very interesting. Among the pictures accompanying the article was an advertisement "for our time" - that nasty, poisonous gas that we must eliminate entirely from the atmosphere before the earth turns into a fireball and kills us all:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Whitehall 1212 was the telephone number for the old “New Scotland Yard” if that is not a contradiction in itself. The New “New Scotland Yard” The one presently in use by The Metropolitan Police. Does have a phone number for it’s new address but few of us know what it is. The original Scotland Yard is just off Whitehall on the embankment.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.