The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
camshaft locating bolt
MY ERROR. on the fiber dynamo drive gear. I assumed the the English version of the gear would be the same as that of the American Austin gear. I was obviously incorrect. The attached is a photo of the chewedup fiber gear.  The hole in my motor case was elongated allowing the bushing and camshaft to move forward destroying the gear. I'll try later to forward photos of my repair method.
Starting to think I am brain dead on getting my dynamo fiber gear reply posted. My error  in indicating that I had the fiber gear fail was based on the assumption that the Austin 7 motor had the same material as the American Austin motor. This was incorrect. My motor had the fiber gear but the replacement gear I robber from another motor was steel. A photo of the destroyed gear is attached.  The hole for the bushing locating bolt on my motor was elongated allowing the bushing and camshaft to move forward destroying the gear. I will try to forward [photos of my repair method later
With the inherent sliding with a cross gear, an odd choice of mterial.