The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New purchase 1932 Austin 7
A side picture of the waistline moulding at the 'A' post would make it clear whether RN or RP, and the RN has a wider rear body measured above the rear mudguards. Also RN doors are thicker at the bottom with internal wooden framing at that point, but RP doors are completely metal at the bottom. The thicker doors of the RN correspond with  the wider rear body. If there is a sliding roof it will be recessed level with the metal on an RN, but it sits on top on the RP.
RP 'A' post swage line:

Sorry but the photo has rotated...
The square silver box is definitely out of place and a modern replacement. I would guess its some type of cutout for the dynamo. The taillight will go for something more period correct. Hints on correctness would be appreciated. I'll have a better idea what the white knob switches are after I pickup the car next month  Thanks for the comments.
Photo 
I have a 33 box saloon and a 37 export tourer,   Looking for info about the dash controls. My 33 has a switch above the starter switch on the steering column that I have no idea what it does. Is there a reference for the dash controls for my cars?
Hector - much work has gone into publishing Handbooks and Parts lists for our cars on the Archive web site - http://archive.a7ca.org/

A Handbook that matches your car can be found at http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploa...7_972B.pdf and should probably answer the majority of your questions.. Page 34 answers your specific question..

Hugh
Nope I have that book. Last page is 30.
Hector, it's the headlamp dip switch.
Page 18 of the pdf, Page 34 of the publication, 'The Lamps'.. Para. 6
thanks guys is see what you were saying. Don't see a difference in the lighting but ill look in to it.

Just bought a 1953 Austin A30  in great physical shape and complete.  lets see if a can make it run.
MY ERROR. I made an assumption that the the Austin 7 motors had the fiber drive gear on the dynamo as did my American Austin motor. I was obviously wrong.  Attached is a photo of the damaged gear.  If I have a chance, tomorrow I will send some photos of how I repaired the damaged bolt hole that allowed the camshaft and gear to move forward