The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding carb issue
That’s great Mike!   Smile
Here we go Again!
Thought I cured the flooding carb yesterday howeveritd started again today, this is very frustrating 
I will experiment with fiber washers again, it seems like the valve doesn't want to seat correctly,  are there any replacement needle valves out there?
Mike
This is the place you want but they are not cheap for what they are.
http://burlen.co.uk

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thanks John
I have sent off for a new needle jet through classic car company, can not think what else it could be, I will report back when I have tried the new needle jet

Mike
This flooding issue is getting tedious now,

Still having flooding issues, with new needle jet fitted along with aluminium washer, will run for a short while without flooding then gushing out of the top of the carb again !
I cannot find a fault with the float bowl, however I can get a new on which I am thinking of doing

This should be simple ! float rises and shuts off fuel, I am beginning to think there might be wrong parts fitted to this 26VA , i have read somewhere there maybe two float bowl sizes does anybody have any information or suggestions of how to stop this happening
Thanks
Mike
Mike, this data sheet maybe of some small assistance to you. If not now, it's always useful to have.

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?aid=9697
Just a passing thought, have you checked that your float isn't leaky and shipping some petrol. When the flooding happens, take the float out and give it a shake to see if there is anything inside it.
My first thought would be to borrow a known good 26va from someone local and see if it works okay...if that carb floods too, it’s time to look at the pump again.
I have got two differerent heights of needle valve in my bit collection.
I have sometimes used two alloy washers under the valve to stop flooding.
Hi all

Thanks for the information, I will try additional washers under the float needle, however I had 3mm deep of washers under the float needle and it still flooded, but will try some more

I am thinking down the route of the fuel pump pressure is overcoming the float upwards pressure on the needle valve, however not sure how I would adjust the pump pressure, additionally I am wondering if vibration is causing the needle vale to unseat and allow fuel in also

It did not have this issue when I bought it, I changed the diaphragm in the pump because it was hard to start when I was negotiating the buying process and I thought it might be lack of fuel and  new diaphragm wound not go amiss, however I have replace the old one and it still floods

Question- when the fuel has been cut off by the needle valve how does the petrol pump function at that point, is it just back pressure from the shut needle valve or is there some king of recirculation of fuel within the pump 

All help much apricated

Mike