The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two seater/Pearl wanted...
My father’s younger brother is looking to buy a Seven again after many years away from them.

Ideally a late Ruby front two seater or Pearl.

Should you hear of a good example I would like to hear from you.
There looks to be a very nice late Pearl for sale on Carandclassic at the moment. Black with a very good original interior.
Thank you Malcolm.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1365046
Thanks Hugh.
It looks as though the car has a non-standard instrument panel. Is it perhaps Big Seven? The next car in the link Hugh posted, a 1932 2-seat Tourer, also has an instrument panel style I have not seen before. The late RNs with 4-speed gearbox had the RP type panel, but this car although 4-speed has not. Does anyone more familiar with these cars than I have an explanation of all this, please?
On the same web site, there is this 2 Seater..

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1093197
They both look very nice cars but I would go for the Pearl, just because of the lovely interior!
I see the Pearl has a different shade of trim on seats and panels. Is that sculptured piece of carpet on the doors original?
The two seater tourer has the correct instrument panel (and rear petrol tank and 4-speed box) for Sept 1932 onwards. It's obviously had a complete amateurish retrim and no doubt a respray as well. I wonder what evidence there is for 3 owners?
(30-07-2021, 11:14 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote: It looks as though the car has a non-standard instrument panel. Is it perhaps Big Seven? The next car in the link Hugh posted, a 1932 2-seat Tourer, also has an instrument panel style I have not seen before. The late RNs with 4-speed gearbox had the RP type panel, but this car although 4-speed has not. Does anyone more familiar with these cars than I have an explanation of all this, please?

Robert

Having looked at a Big 7 recently, I'd agree the Pearl has a Big 7 instrument panel.

The chrome rad 2 seater you mention, is pretty much the same as the 1935 one I had, certainly in dash terms. But mine had the later jewell type steering wheel.