The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Adventure - new video
Liam Murphy has published another super Youtube film of him and Beth at the Beaulieu rally with the PWA7C loan scheme Box Saloon. Well worth watching. 

They are doing a fab job of promoting the Seven to a younger generation.

https://youtu.be/Ip0Tq_dlYDM
The local vintage car clubs are always pondering the question of getting more young people interested. Then the club magazines are always full of photos of old people sitting around a table drinking tea. Often with a caption of it being the local mid week run emphasising the fact it's all retired people who don't need to work during the day.

If there are younger people about at events get more photos of them and include them. And if there aren't, get more pictures of the cars in action and what they are doing or of technical aspects maybe. This film is a good example of them doing just that.

Simon
I agree Simon, I watched the YouTube film and thought, what a cracking show, two young people really getting the best out of an old car.

We need more of this stuff!
I agree with encouraging young people to join us with an Austin Seven but let’s not forget younger couples with children who we should also be encouraging. If we get them into it young hopefully we will have them for life.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.