The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Centenary Event - pricing announced
well done by everyone involved by being creative in getting us all a low price. id have expected it to be higher. and would have happily paid it.

after all, its the CARS 100th. not mine or anyone elses. and it would be good to see as many of them as possible get there day in the sun.

like others, ive just got to work out how to get as many there and back as possible???

just one other question, on NON austin 7 owners attending. are they incouraged? i remember the jag E type anniversary, so poorly advertised the first any of us heard about it was on top gear. produced after the event. dont get me wrong i dont have an E type. but an icon in motoring like that. i would have loved to of attended the event anyway.

we have a couple of BIG events coming up that i like to attend. that wont come around again before the 100th.

if non austin owners our to be encouraged, can some sort of advertising be sent to me. or is it ok to download an add myself. and put it out with my car.

thanks tony
Hi Tony.

We are not specifically encouraging non-A7 attendance and we are not targeting any advertising at non-A7 people.

Of course, anyone can purchase an entry ticket and arrive in whatever vehicle they like - but only A7s and their derivatives will be allowed in the display areas.
That's great, Nick. Those prices really shouldn't scare anyone away!

We'll be attending as a business for the whole event, as well as bringing at least two cars in a private capacity. Terms for us as traders are now extremely favourable, but there was some initial uncertainty and it might be helpful to other traders if you published up-to-date details here.

We're also still awaiting information regarding advertising rates in the programme - have those been decided yet?
Glad you approve Martin - and excellent news that you will be there all week.

To recap: Trade stands selling A7 related items (which includes individuals wanting to bring a bootful of A7 bits) will be free of charge and within reason can be made to the size required. Traders will need to pay for an entry ticket and any accommodation/camping they require.

There's no information yet about advertising in the event programme but we will of course publicise it when it becomes available.
Hi all, well what a price, a lot less than we were anticipating, well done all, see you there for the full event. S&P
The sad thing is its too far for us  Sad
So loads of picture please  Smile
You could always go for the distance award!
Will non A7 be allowed a camping pitch if so would it not be fair to A7to book in September and non A7 later as there
don't seem to be a lot of c/pitchs.
Great price well done to all for there hard work.
Hi Brian

There are 250 camping pitches and they will be 'sold' on a first come-first served basis. 

Given that those on our mailing list for information (sign up on the Centenary Event website https://a7centenary.com) are amostly A7 owners and that they will be the first to know when the booking system is opening, it's reasonable to suppose that most campers will be using a Seven rather than anything else.
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply.
As it is easy to get on the website, as soon as non A7 see what a good event is being held at a very cheap price they will want to book and will know the lunch date like us A7, you have done the hard work it's up to us to bring along the shiny bits, but if you live a long way away and wan;t to bring more than one car like myself i will wan;t to have some where to stay if a non A7 is on a c/pitch and i have got to go outside and miss the evening entertainment i for one will not be happy
If they are all taken by A7 that is fine first come first as you say.
I have been on the website from the word go and a A7 for nearly 40 years i am not against non A7 as have other cars myself.

Cheers Brian