The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Centenary Event - pricing announced
Hi Steve, Simple if some one wants a c/pitch they are to bring a A7, later on if some pitchs are left they can book them,
before you jump to your key pad yes you will get some one who will say say they are going to bring a A7 and don't,
but leaving it open you will get people who get wind of the event and book it to get a cheap camp with entertainment.
As for who would want to look at our cars loads of people, i have owned 4 sevens for almost 40 years also a48 year old
Audi 100 gl for 42 years but i still like to look at A7.
Let the true A7 nrs have first choice the ones that bring them.

Brian
Steve Jones is absolutely correct. The end game is that any rule imposed for booking camping pitches would be impossible to police. End of story.
I agree that it would be nice to put faces (& cars) to names. Maybe we could wear name badges and possibly indicate which clubs we're affiliated to? Or maybe have a mug-shot & name to place in the car(s)? It would help to get conversation flowing.
i agree these things would be hard to police, and i dont blame the organisers keeping things as simple as possible.

with the suggested size of the site, im surprised there is only room for 250 campers??

but in saying that nobody knows how many people or cars are attending? and if they are arriving in there 7. or car on a trailer. or behind a camper.

the organisers have there web site, and a list of people who have signed for early emails.

is it not worth a quick survey, on how people are looking to attend. IF they are looking to attend?

it may give advance notice, of trailor parking. and camper parking needed. instead of possible panic on the day.

tony.
Hi Tony. There may be panic on the day but if there is it won't be to do with numbers, trailers, campers or accommodation - because all will be pre-booked. In fact, with booking opening in September we should, by November or before, have a very good idea of numbers that will attend.
(02-08-2021, 01:51 PM)Anne Griffiths Wrote: I agree that it would be nice to put faces (& cars) to names. Maybe we could wear name badges and possibly indicate which clubs we're affiliated to? Or maybe have a mug-shot & name to place in the car(s)? It would help to get conversation flowing.

Completely agree Anne, I floated this idea at a recent meeting of the Cambridge club. It may be a once in a lifetime chance to say 'hi' to some people who will be travelling long distances to be there, what a shame it would be to walk past them in the crowd. Of course not everyone will be keen but it's worth giving some thought to.