The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Glass Door Trim ????
See what your all saying, so the bit I took off my door was never supposed to be there in the first place ????
Having just fitted a new Martin Prior wood kit to the doors, then I guess a complete new 'U Velor Channel section' will stop the glass rattling like a bugger !!!
just seems that slot gap is wide enough to allow ton of rain into the door pressing ?
Have an original door here (unfortunately don't know where the rest of the car has got to) - all the original fittings still in place - and, as stated, nothing is in that gap - 'the rain, it just raineth in' - and runs out the bottom - hence Martin P's help with the complex woodwork frame being so popular with Ruby door-restorers everywhere.
Two pairs of rubber rollers, fore and aft, just about level with the body line originally held the rattle at bay - often worn or missing today however...
(25-07-2021, 05:46 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Two pairs of rubber rollers, fore and aft, just about level with the body line originally held the rattle at bay - often worn or missing today however...

I never knew those rollers were there until the other day, they seem to be in 'good nick' & MP's wood has a rain groove, again never seen that before as my old Ruby was bodged up about 40 years ago, the door wood was fence timber, I don't do too much work with wood, but this is quite satisfying doing this job.
I've only just picked up on this thread.

It's correct that there was never originally a seal at window cill level. This was a problem on most models of Seven with wind-down windows. An attempt was made with the Mk2 Ruby to incorporate a rubber strip, but it was well below the opening and cunningly designed to channel all of the water into the woodwork.

On my RP, I've solved the problem by fixing a plastic sheet to the underside of the external window ledge, carrying it down to the bottom of the door and then folding it back up to the internal window ledge, thus enclosing the glass and the winder mechanism in a big plastic bag. At bottom of this, I've arranged an outlet. Water still enters the door, but doesn 't come into contact with the woodwork, door skin or door card.
Hi Martin, ordered a generic glass weatherstrip, and painted all your lovely wood, and all the inside of the door skin,the back of the door card was sealed, so any water will run into the channel and out the drain holes,!