The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop shaft noise
Hi all 

Just ordered the Woodrow book with some parts from Dave at A7 components , I asked him about the issue and he gave me a good description of the components and what to do, ending in if you still have a lot of play you will need top bodge it with some brass to take up the slack as per everybody's else's recommendations !

I will report back on any luck or Bodges 

Cheers
Mike
Hi an Update on the noisy prop shaft

I looked at the prop shaft and looked at adjusting the ball up on the support for the axle tube and found two washers in there, probably to take up the slack, additionally the castle adjustment nut on the axle tube joint had no more adjustment, so I decided to grease it up and hope it takes a little play out of it

I pumped around ten times but could not see grease emerging, so took off the grease nipple to make sure it was letting it go through however grease was going somewhere ! grease nipple ok so I carried on greasing, and on and on, about 30 pumps before I could see anything coming out below the car !
seems to be a lot better now however I have not road tested the car yet as I am awaiting the dynamo to be repaired
A lot of grease went somewhere!

Mike