The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ideas anyone please?
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and sorry I've not replied earlier due to other commitments.
Hopefully I'll find time in the next couple of weeks to either prove or eliminate the obvious options and then see where things take me prior to getting the Nippy back on the road.
Best wishes,
Nick
Good evening everyone,
Sorry for the delay in updating you about the strange clatter / rattle I experienced some time ago. I've finally managed to have a day in the garage to investigate. The cause was / is quite simple - the oiler funnel for the clutch release bearing had sheared off and had clearly been rattling around inside the bell housing, periodically jamming the clutch I assume.
The offending article has now been removed and everything seems to be normal again (hopefully) with this.
However, now the engine is out, I've discovered two of the block to crank case studs have sheared at some point so these need replacing - possibly explains at least some of the copious oil slick the car has been leaving behind it more recently. Also some of the sump threads are past their best and could probably do with Heli - coiling.
So, having solved the problem I knew about, I've now discovered a couple more issues to sort and need to find someone who has the necessary skills / equipment / time to do the necessary with the Heli Coils - hopefully within easy striking distance of my home near Junction 31 of the M1 whilst I source a load of new studs, nuts, gaskets etc. Does anyone know anyone who could do a good job with this locally please?
Hopefully, all will be well shortly...
Best wishes,
Nick
Helicoil kits (or their equivalent) are available on ebay. That is where I got mine to do various jobs on my car. They are easy to use, as they come with the correctly sized drill, a tap, the insertion tool and instructions.
Thanks David. I'll have a look and get something sorted asap. Hopefully back on the road soon...