The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sluggish Ruby on uphills...
It sounds to me as if there is actually very little wrong with your Seven, Spoz.  You have to accept that the Ruby and its tourer derivative were quite heavy cars and with only 17bhp they do not fly up the hills.  They will climb almost any hill as long as long as you are not in a hurry. 
I don't think fitting an SU carb by itself would make much difference.  Some of the earlier 1" versions bolt straight onto the Ruby manifold and don't take up any more room than the standard Zenith, but they are getting very difficult to get hold of.   Ideally you would need to make further modifications to the engine as part of fitting the SU carb.  Things like flattening the camshaft followers and lightening the flywheel slightly are easy to do during an engine build, not so easy afterwards!
The Accuspark ignition system may improve things a bit but I have no experience, try it and see.

Messages In This Thread
Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Spoz - 17-07-2021, 06:35 PM
RE: Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Robert Leigh - 17-07-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Spoz - 18-07-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Malcolm Parker - 31-07-2021, 01:58 PM
RE: Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Reckless Rat - 01-08-2021, 12:43 PM
RE: Sluggish Ruby on uphills... - by Tiger - 12-12-2023, 08:07 AM