The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Your petrol of choice ??
the long and short of it is that it probably will. By 2035 we will probably have to put up with E85 or higher.

That said, with it being plant based, I would hope that it continues to be considered to be a renewable fuel, and on that basis we will not be legislated off the road because of lack of fuel for IC engined vehicles.

I don't doubt there will be a market for custom plastic fuel tanks, and carb conversions to suit, but that may be the price those of us who will be about then need to pay to continue using our vehicles with IC engines.
(01-09-2021, 08:42 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Ah but our government thinks E10 will reduce the CO2 emissions!

That's because Boris won't get any nookie from Princess Nuts-Nuts if he doesn't agree it will.....
The Government probably doesn’t think E10 will reduce CO2 emissions. It probably thinks it will curry favour with those self appointed runners of our lives, the woke/green contingent and thereby gain a few votes.
Alan Fairless
Reply to OP: always, where possible, Tesco (ESSO) super or BP super with, in both cases, a few ccs of synthetic 2 stroke oil to aid valve stem lubrication. I have documented fuel economy with these chosen fuel against 95 oct. unleaded. I have been persuaded to the conclusion that super (minus ethanol) gives approx. 10% more favourable economy figures.
I've been keeping a close watch on petrol costs and it appears there is a bit of a monopoly developing in Stockport which has 4 petrol stations on the A6 three Esso and one Shell all operated by Euro Garages all at £1.92 per liter, the only indication of the operator is on your receipt. The only other one is Sainsburys at £1.87 per liter all for E10. I make that about 5 shillings a gallon difference in real terms.
Has anyone tried to see if their A7 will run on E85?
Presumably an Austin 7 would run on E85 or indeed 100% alchohol.  I think you would have to change the carburettor settings somewhat, the main jet would have to be much larger? 
By 1935 I suspect that Austin 7's will have to be trailered to static rallies behind your electric vehicle.  God forbid you if you start the engine up from the gallon of E5 that you have had stashed away since 2022!
Enjoy them while we can.
Having just read the last two entry’s on this thread I have looked up what E85 is. (Never heard of it before.) No doubt with mods a seven could be made to run on it. But I think we would need a whole new forum to deal with the questions about the pros and cons of how it might (Without evidence to back anything up.) damage your engine etc. Or indeed improve performance.
On a serious note I read there are such vehicles in the states that can run on it. Are there any such vehicles in Europe.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
There must be because our local supermarché sells it. I inadvertently put about 10 litres of it in the Mem'Sahib's Peugeot 107 before I realised and it ran fine, although the engine warning light came on. I just topped it up with some normal petrol after I'd done a few miles and reset the on board diagnostics. It's been fine since. I didn't actually notice any difference in running apart from the price, which is a lot cheaper. It's about 0,70€ per litre as opposed to 95E10 which is about 1,70€ and 98E5 at 1,90€

I might just try some in the RP and see how it goes.
I did another check today and Sainsburys is still 3s and 6p cheaper per gallon and the masses are learning with all the pumps for cars with left hand fillers full and a queue for them but I can fill the Seven from either side. Now for the good news Boris is to ask the EU to reduce the ethanol content of fuel, made from corn and wheat, to try to reduce the pending world food crisis caused by the Ukrainian war.