The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mystery car
Here's  one for the detectives- my neighbour has acquired this car from a deceased estate  in Bournemouth. Anyone know it? Magneto engine, neighbour thinks it is 1927, Starting handle rests on the wrong side.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The YH registration dates from May 1927, and the visible features would support that date.
DVLA lists the car but it's not on the A7 register. Haven't  looked for the chassis and engine number yet. The front end is 1927 Chummy but the body behind the windscreen looks homemade.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Like what looks like a soda bottle top on the radiator.

Colin 
NZ
I remember this car well with it's soda siphon radiator cap!
It was bought by a schoolboy friend of mine in Somerset in 1965,
He persuaded the school to let him keep it in the grounds until the end of the term.
It was got to run and we drove it around the playing fields - great fun. I may be able to dig out an old photo of it.
It started my interest in A7s and I bought my first one a year later.
Barry, have tried to contact you. Could you drop me a PM and give some contact details please. Charlie.
Found an old and not very good quality photo of the mystery car in 1965:

Brilliant. Thanks for the photo - will pass on the news.
My neighbour is very interested in your photograph. He asks if you recall the name of your school friend; was the car red at that time; and was it a two seater?
Barry,
tried to send you a PM but you have it disabled?
if you send me another PM with your email I will contact you
David