The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
750 beaulieu
Howard,
                In my case it's a Solex 30 MOV as fitted to Ulster's and Gordon England Brooklands. 
   If you are talking about the Zenith 22FZ, with a thinned butterfly you need to remove the choke tube and increase it from 15mm to 17mm and then fit a larger main jet.
Thanks Robert

It is a 22FZ so I’ll do some more work on it  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Hi robert,

Dont worry about those who dont understand what they are talking about.

I run the same crappy carb as you, and mine is no were near as nicely tuned as yours. AND ITS EXCELLENT never misses a beat, never failed to start.

It is a bit rich though, 

I dont know what I get to the gallon? But it's running on an original ulster engine, which does get pushed well when out. And I dont feel it returns any less, than the standard run of the mill engines I've had.

Tony.
Does anyone know the actual number of cars attending. I did hear 200 bandied about, but didn't actuallly bother to count them.

A great show. Suprised by the number of trader that bothered to turn up - thanks guys.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Impossible to know exactly how many cars actually attended as some will have purchased tickets and not arrived while others purchased on the gate but did not register at the entrance to the rally field (where they would have received their rally plaque and programme).

That said, we believe we had 201 Austin Sevens there and 20 other classics, giving a total of 221. That's up from 180 in 2019.

There's no doubt at all that there were quite a number of people attending for the first time. If the comments over the weekend, and subsequently online, are anything to go by then I am sure we shall see more next year as word spread about how very enjoyable the event is.
Well done nick,

Good to here the numbers were up.

Hopefully the word will spread for future years.

There must have been alot of new owners who attended without cars as well?

I had 6 suggest to me they were going to attend the event.
And 4 came to the stall sunday.

I know that's not a huge number, but not everyone let's me know they are going. If you see what I mean. Also in previous years that number would have been 0.

There main reasons for attending, as there cars were not finished. Was to view similar cars for reference. And the autojumble to find those missing parts.

Thanks tony
(07-07-2021, 05:28 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Impossible to know exactly how many cars actually attended as some will have purchased tickets and not arrived while others purchased on the gate but did not register at the entrance to the rally field (where they would have received their rally plaque and programme).

That said, we believe we had 201 Austin Sevens there and 20 other classics, giving a total of 221. That's up from 180 in 2019.

There's no doubt at all that there were quite a number of people attending for the first time. If the comments over the weekend, and subsequently online, are anything to go by then I am sure we shall see more next year as word spread about how very enjoyable the event is.

Thanks for that, Nick. Enables me to add a bit of info in our club magazine
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Be nice to make the effort and drive it next year from Leicestershire for the weekend. About time did some major miles away from home! Be brilliant as it’s the centenary year. Was brilliant to attend but it doesn’t feel the same unless you have your own car as part of the show for me anyway. Thanks for organising and putting on a great show.
Photos have been posted here
Hallo Robert, we corresponded on this forum a couple of years ago,before the Covid lock down about tuning my car running 30 M V Solex carburettor. I have persevered ‘till now . Have the high rev range running reasonably well but am dogged by very bad low rev performance . I cannot lean the mixture enough to stop fouling the plugs to where it stops and won’t restart without putting clean plugs in .
The main cause of this is the flout bowl needle valves I have are badly worn and are not allowing a lean enough mixture to be used at idle. The engine floods badly even when the engine is not running !
I have not been able to source a new replacement in Australia .
In our previous correspondence you mentioned you are using 30 MOV Solex carburettor ,and these have a needle valve for idle mixture. Are these  carburettors readily available in the UK ? And what would they cost ?
I hope you can answer these questions.
Best regards 
Russell Wright (Gordon England Brooklands)