The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side light identification
Hi 

I have found two new old stock side lights in my car, can anybody identify them and tell me if they are for my 1935 Mk 1 Ruby ? there are no numbers on them and they measure two and a half inches wide and long an approximately three inches tall 

Additionally the side lights already fitted to the car have numbers stamped on them, so the the same question, are theses correct for my car ?

Thanks in anticipation 

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just a guess, but WD stands for War Department so possibly military origin? Stuart Joseph is your man for lights.
Good afternoon. I've never seen any with WD markings before and from the sizes you quote may be too large for your car. However the ARQ Ruby (1934 - 36) was initially fitted with LD108 sidelights with a twist off rim. These were soon replaced with the LD109 sidelamp with a screw fitting rim and a modifiied reflector. The lamp shown in your second pic is an LD109 although it should be chrome plated.
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire
I had a pair of the WD marked side sidelights for a project many years ago. They came from an ex army O model Bedford 3 tonner.
Hi

I suspect the initial B indicates Butlers Ltd of Birmingham, who were taken over by Lucas in 1948. Quite a number of "new old stock" black Butler's side and tail lights turn up, sometimes in their original military spares style waxed paper packaging. They are a little larger than the Lucas LD108/109 but a similar shape.