The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
better in the rain
Difficult to explain for certain Ruairidh, but probably the air under the bonnet today was cool and damp, with light rain and short distances. Last time it was out the temperature was around 20 degrees, and on a longer journey with stop-start traffic the underbonnet temp would be high.

There are so many factors. Today I filled up with petrol half a mile from home, so the petrol would be colder. Who knows, lots of things to make a difference.

Whatever, I'm happy if it sometimes goes that well. After the last trip I was seriously thinking of squeezing an A-series into it!
Your top speed, as quoted above, is low Andrew.

The car should sit comfortably at 40-45 mph, even in your neck of the woods.
Maybe it's the difference between side-draft and up-draft Zeniths; my experience with the RM is the same as Dave's - faster and more economical the hotter it is - although I'm talking English hot, not Continental hot!
The only real difference between my cars and the ones you and Dave have, Mike, is that all mine have the smaller radiators, with the exception of the Pearl...
I thought you'd got an SU on the chummy?
No, a bronze zenith.
Seem to remember yours have a slightly lower-geared diff too Ruaridh?
The Chummy runs a 5.25:1, as fitted to most RMs and RNs Andrew.
Water injection works - but only I believe on turbocharged engines. I had a Fiat Uno Turno once and fitted it with the water injection and an adjustable, higher boost. The water certainly made a significant improvement. I sold it before it blew up.
Andrew, I would have said the performance of your Ruby is far from normal, it should go a whole lot better than that.

I think a day looking over all the basics like compressions, timing (cam as well as ignition) mixture or as they say these days, air/fuel ratio and things such as dragging brakes.

No standard Seven can be described as a road burner, but it should toodle along a better bit than you describe.