The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeded at C&C
There’s a Speedex on cCar&Classics…£13-18k
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auctions...dex-JgzXR4
lots of photos... and he seems to be selling another Seven in the background.
Interesting that on C&C link you can see the partial names of all the bidders. That surely can't be legal?
Duncan.  Thank you for the heads up as it were but that's a rather drastic route when all I need is the Speedex head!

Looking closely at the details (I'm an engineer... it's what I do...) the steering rack intrigued me, then I noticed that the chassis is, well, um... not quite what one would expect..?

.jpg   20210703_152222.jpg (Size: 120.5 KB / Downloads: 233)
Just curious where they get the 1928 date from as I can't see many Austin bits on this special. The crankcase is much later.
The original car, UW 1776, which appears to have been a 750 racing special since the late 1950s, dates from September 1929.
The copy writer certainly seems to have been on something when he wrote the blurb for this! From his fulsome coverage of the car in its 'hay-day' (sic) to his enthusiasm for the way the S.U. carburettor 'extrudes (also sic)  from aluminium bonnet' letting out all the induction noise you could ever ask for (no, not a lot, really).

I won't be bidding, but I enjoyed the write-up.
You'd be getting plenty of patina for your money if you bought that...
... and don't forget the £5,000-worth of wheels!
the steering wheel just about sums it up.... 'ropey'
The copy writer certainly seems to have been on something when he wrote the blurb for this! From his fulsome coverage of the car in its 'hay-day' (sic) to his enthusiasm for the way the S.U. carburettor 'extrudes (also sic)  from aluminium bonnet' letting out all the induction noise you could ever ask for (no, not a lot, really).

I won't be bidding, but I enjoyed the write-up.

The write-up is a bad joke - and so is the car.