The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Grease Guns Properly
(01-07-2021, 11:03 AM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: What make gun, what make end piece(nozzle), Price, where from?

Hello, Dennis.  The gun is a Lazer branded gun from Halfords. The end piece came from Amazon and is called a Samoa Heavy Duty Grease Gun End Hydraulic Coupler 1/8" BSP.

Regards,

Jamie
I am puzzled by all this grease gun nonsense.

My guns are filled using cartridges. When the cartridge is empty. You pull the plunger all the way back. Unscrew, dispose of the empty cartridge out of the tube shaped bit. Take the back cover off the new one shove it open end first in the tube, take the seal off the business end of the cartridge. And screw the nozzle end back on. Release the spring plunger and let the air out with the bleed.

You get a little grease on your hands, but it really is childs play. My gun was £12 from halfords. You can even get lurid coloured grease for giggles.
I forgot to add that the gun was free from Freecycle and the end piece was about £3.00. The gun takes a cartridge.
(01-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I am puzzled by all this grease gun nonsense.

My guns are filled using cartridges. When the cartridge is empty. You pull the plunger all the way back. Unscrew, dispose of the empty cartridge out of the tube shaped bit. Take the back cover off the new one shove it open end first in the tube, take the seal off the business end of the cartridge. And screw the nozzle end back on. Release the spring plunger and let the air out with the bleed.

You get a little grease on your hands, but it really is childs play. My gun was £12 from halfords. You can even get lurid coloured grease for giggles.

I'm with you Hedd. It's simply not worth grappling with tins of grease and spoons.
Personally I dislike the look of the modern hydraulic nipples and prefer the slide on brass button head type. Yes, you need a different head on the grease gun and they don't always suit front stub axles, but they're idiot proof

C