Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Lots of spares
Hi guys and gals

I’m doing a sort out of my parents shed

They have had a Ruby for many many many years. And I have taken on it’s ongoing care

My dad was parts secretary in Wales some years ago and now we have a lot of spare parts that i don’t need to hang on too. Plenty of gear boxes and a few rads. Axels etc. I will sort through it and start listing items. But if any one is after anything in particular let me know and I’ll see if I have it as spare and sort out a fair price.

I’m based in Waterlooville. Hampshire 

Cheers

Steve
hello Steve MY wife and I were friends with Jim and Linda for many years , can you tell me are they well, I ask because It is 49 years since we first met and I remember coming to your house in Cwm Bach for a few sundays to weld up the Ruby, the last time we saw them was at Tredegar house about twenty years ago and Jen seems to remember that you were there. If all is well could you give them my email address its      robert.regan@live.co.uk  best regards  Robert and Jenny Regan.
Wow. I remember the rally at Tredegar. I’ll give dad a call tomorrow and share your details. 

(They are well but mad as ever)
ain"t we all thanks Rob.
Hi both,
Well time has moved on hasnt it-Stephen please pass on my regards
to your mum and dad. I expect they will remember me and my late dad ray who was Chairman of the South Wales Club. And hi again Rob -hope all is well. Best regards
Roger Pugsley.
In need of a C35 Dynamo a or m will do if you have one on offer.  Please PM me either way Peter.
I am in need of  a spare wheel and tire or tyre as they call it in your neck of the woods for a 29 chummy it should be the same I think. I also need a vacuum windshield wiper motor and assembly for the same year. please dm me or reply on this thread. thanks, Vance
Hi Stephen,
I am looking for a front axel for my 1936 pearl. Ideally in good nick, as I want to restore it and swap it with mine, so I can keep Clara on the road. I am Romsey way, so not too far from you. Thanks
Trim Lizzie
hi,

I am looking for a holy grail, also known as a rubber cover for ruby 2 transmission tunnel, the section nearest the gear box.

Richard Halliwell
richardhllwll@aol.com
Fond memories of Jim and Linda from those early SWA7C days. One instance that stays with me, is the drive home from Longbridge Rally, 1977 I think. On the Saturday Night there was a Dinner Dance in the Austin Works Canteen. Sunday morning police closed the roads for us to drive through Birmingham around the Bull Ring. The Crisp family were camping on the Rally Field, two very young children, so not much sleep. Jim's Ruby developed stripped studs on the crankcase to block. So a tourniquet around block-crankcase was fitted.
Harry and Jan Hales leading, Jim driving Ruby, Linda in modern with children following Jim, Nora and I in our RL following Linda, off we set for Newport. One of the scariest drives ever! Due to lack of sleep on the Saturday night, Linda had trouble staying awake, and her car was wandering over the roads alarmingly. Eventually reached Newport without mishap, where we went our separate ways.