The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster Abroad.
Another period photograph, this time an Ulster Abroad. Looks just pre or post war to me. Any ideas of the location?

Lovely photo.

The wording above the shop in the left background looks French to me, so somewhere in northern France or Belgium? Given the amount of damage incurred during the war, perhaps the photo dates from the very late 1930s rather than post-war. The American car beyond the Ulster could be a 1938 Hudson or Oldsmobile.
G.C. Oxley-Sidey's LJ 2988, lost in France, 1930's.

Lost somewhere else in France....

.jpg   LJ-2988.jpg (Size: 152.16 KB / Downloads: 309)
Gawd, I wish I was there! Bowling along a French D road with the "arbres d'alignment" flickering by...
and with a good steering arm...

As for original photo, the buildings certainly look European. And the cobblestones.
American cars changed every year. It not clear if one or two piece screen. I dont have a book of all faces but many came here and ran well into the 60s , but I cannot place. Some Chev or Dodge even. Reo
The great differnce between prewar /early post war photos and 1960s on is the general absence of traffic and parked vehicles. Happy times.
Just for you, Howard... the D5, somewhere between Béziers and Carcassonne. Traffic was terrible.

[Image: 20190919-094608-1.jpg]
Divine!
Hi Trevor

Duncan has the moustache

Cheers

Howard
I see that Oxley-Sidey competed in the 1938 Exeter Trial but listed " retired ". I've no way of knowing whether it was in LJ or another Seven, but it was un-supercharged car.
He was in good company - Hadley & Goodacre both in Grasshoppers.