The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smiths MA Speedo
Can anyone help with the correct size and number of balls to be fitted to the main input shaft of the speedo. It would seem that there are balls of approximately 1/16th inch at the top and perhaps larger balls at the bottom where the speedo cable connects.
Thanks in advance
Jim Runciman
Perth
Australia
When I've worked on the smiths Speedos I've used 1/16 at the top and 1/8 at the bottom, though some have 1/16 both ends. I'd guess at about 20 1/16 balls at the top but I never counted.
Hi

The PA speedo has the same size ball bearings top and bottom (1/16” from memory). 

David Cochrane sells sets of ball bearings, although they are available from bearing suppliers and even eBay!

Cheers

Howard

PS Hope I’m not teaching Granny to suck eggs but work over a tray as the little blighters have a habit of jumping out all over the place.
Hi Jim,
Sounds like you may be making a bit of progress with the project I sent over to you? Hope you get it up and running well to go on your car...
Best wishes,
Nick
Thank you all for the assistance. Really appreciated
Jim