The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - June 2021
A new, or nearly new, alloy-bodied saloon from late 1928, showing the style of the last R series before the introduction of the RK. This would appear to be a professionally-taken photo but probably not an official Austin photo - it's not in the usual rural setting chosen by Ron Beach and the surroundings look to be more London than Birmingham.

.jpg   1928 R2 saloon.JPG (Size: 113.76 KB / Downloads: 694)
Oooh I dunno Mike, I've seen that facade in A7 publicity shots before...
isnt there a Costigan-colorised Ulster outside those houses?
Well spotted, Jon; I wasn't the originator of the colourisation, but this is the b&w photo - it certainly looks like the same buildings:

.jpg   1930 Ulster.jpg (Size: 252.23 KB / Downloads: 641)

The property in the 1928 shot looks to be up for sale in 1930 (note the hydrant diamond sign is just visible behind the saloon) but I can't read the details on the For Sale sign to identify the location.

Edit: ChrisKC was responsible for the colourisation, the original is an LAT photo ref 539/5, so perhaps Austin Harris can enlarge the image to clarify the details on the sale board?
Could the location be anything to do with Austin's Holland Park premises?
I'm sure someone will have assessed Google streetview shortly... can't be that many roads of that grandeur.
Well, the building looks a lot like Earls Terrace, Holland Park - quite an up-market address...

https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandprope...30161.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The sign refers to a "Flat to let" and the Agent appears to be "Penman & Co". There is currently a firm of this name operating in London SW17.
Will he drive up the steps into the lobby?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As this is a picture of Earls Terrace in 1932, it shows that this and the one in the original picture are different buildings.  Obviously, with the Blitz and more recent upgrades, many London buildings such as Earls Terrace have undergone significant changes since 1930.

Attached Files
.jpg   Earls Terrace Holland Park 1932.jpg (Size: 161.37 KB / Downloads: 544)