The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparks3sparks
Does anyone have dealings with this 'well established' organisation who do dynamo and starter repairs?  I have emailed and phoned with no reply as they have had my dynamo for months now. The proprietor is Carl Skerritt.  Their address is 

Sparks3Sparks Porters Farm Carrs Green Inskip Lancashire PR4 OTJ
Hi Robin

They put refurbished dynamos and starters on eBay from time to time. I bought one about a year ago and as I had a tachometer drive on the original dynamo I sent them the distributor end casting from the old dynamo and asked them to fit it and to send back the end casting with the new dynamo. I did this for guarantee purposes. If I changed the end casting I doubt they would accept liability if the dynamo failed.

The dynamo was sent quickly with the tachometer drive end piece installed but not the unadulterated end casting. I messaged him and was promised the end casting in the post. Still not arrived!

The dynamo works OK but I was annoyed that I now have a dynamo without a dizzy casting rendering it useless.

Cheers

Howard
I only sent my dynamo because I got a refurbished starter motor by return and thought that they must be a good outfit.  Do we have any readers in the area who might call in to see if there is any activity?
They appear to have had positive feedback on ebay in the past month for supplying a Lucas 6v starter motor @ £158. You could try 'contact seller' via their ebay page - 'sparks3sparks'.
Hi I reading this chain of notes and I have the same problem sent a C35 to this company 3 months ago and now tried chasing them no answers or reply. Last year he did a starter motor for me and there was no problems . Be interesting to see if he is still in business ,Derek