The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No start!
This is an odd one, car starts, runs happily for 10 seconds, starts first pull of the starter, revs fine then dies, I've checked the second after it cut out, I still have a nice blue spark, the carburettor is full, if I keep cranking the plugs get wet with fuel, I've tried different coil, condenser, plugs, fuel pump has been rebuilt today as the diaphragm was a tad ropey anyway, plenty of fuel being delivered (both coil and condenser are known good ones)

No chance if restarting what so ever,I might get the odd cough and engine tries to run for a second or two.

I leave the car about half an hour and the same thing all over again

What in the name of God could this be??
It sounds like it's flooding. Maybe you did too good a job of rebuilding the pump! I would look at the float cut off in the carburretor.
I have had a look at the valve in the carburettor, absolutely fine, no fuel gets passed with light pressure of my thumb.
Have a spoon full of petrol to hand. When it cuts out put a spoonful into the air intake of the carb, then try to start it. This should help with diagnosis.
Has it been run regularly, or is this first time for a while? How are the compresions when you turn the handle just after it has died?
well it hasn't been used in a fair while but apparently run recently, and on the starting handle it has a lot of compression, bloody hard to turn over really for a seven engine.
The symptoms seem to suggest a blockage in the carburettor. My first port of call would be to strip and thoroughly clean the carb, paying special attention to not only the jets but their respective passages. (I assume it is fitted with a Zenith 26VA instrument).
carburettor has been cleaned with acetone and blown through with compressed air, the engine starts and revs cleanly, see why its driving me mad... haha
Hi

I can feel your frustration  Angry.

Couple of thoughts

Does the engine stop suddenly (indicating electrical or mechanical problems) or just fade out (suggesting fuel)

You say the engine feel stiff to turn on the handle but are you sure it’s compression. Take the plugs out and try turning it over.  There may be a tight spot that indicates something binding. 

Cheers

Howard
its definitely compression, the engine will just suddenly run worse, refuse to rev and cut out over a couple of seconds.