The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moves at the Archive
Or should I say, the Archive has moved! Over the past few days, we have moved the Archive to a new room at Lubenham that I am very pleased with. We have considerably more room, to start with and the way the room is able to laid out, gives a much better use of space generally. I thought some might be interested to see what we've been doing.

The old room, before we started:

The old room later on, mainly emptied of its contents:

David Cochrane reassembling the racking in the new room:

Nick Turley and Stuart Ulph reassembling the racking that Stuart has been storing that holds the 'Press Cutting' Boxes:

The Press Cutting collection. These date from 1927 to 1950 and have come from the Austin Marketing Department. We have the VAR to thanks for their donation. The monetary donations made to aid the work of the Archive has allowed us to store all the files in appropriate 'clamshell' boxes:

A general view of the new room as it looks now. Old racking repopulated, new racking and the Press cuttings installed and a general tidy up in progress:

Much of the old furniture from our previous room has been discarded as the new room has a lot of built in storage - both cupbaords and working surfaces that suit our needs perfectly. Apart from the racking already mentioned, the only other piece of furniture that came with us was our large plan chest. It is my very real hope that by September, circumstance will be such that we can hold another Open Day and you can come and see the new set up for yourselves. 

I have to thank (in no particular order) the following people for their help in the move. David Cochrane, Phil Baildon, Chris Garner, Ian Brough, Nick Turley, Stuart Ulph, David Golightly and Graham Smith

Hugh
Thanks to everyone that helped with the move - I must say that I like the look of the new room a lot more than the old one.
And a great big thank you to you Hugh for your vision and organisation.
I hope a good number of Austin seven club members get to visit the Archive when the open day date is announced.
There really is some super stuff to see.
Looks most impressive so congrats to all concerned. I look forward to some serious research there, particularly as I would be excluded from a certain other library if I was seen to arrive in a Ruby.
I've tried to create 'research' stations for those that wish to undertake serious study of the collection, so you will be welcome Steve, particularly if you come in your Ruby....