The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Young Special Builders?
I'll put something on the London club FB group. It will also make people sign up for the forum to get in touch! It might be worth 12J being a consultant as to where those younger than him network if interested in such things?
Hi Tom, if you don't find that youngster, box it all up, and stash it again, your own kids will want it all in about 10 years time, and believe me that will be here in no time. I'm so glad our extended family held on to their A7 stuff, between us my lad Patrick has finished his Lockdown Ulster, and my niece Emily is well on with her LWB Ulster Special too.......W
All
If it goes on a closed club facebook group that is fine but I would rather it wasn't opened to everyone. The ideal situation would be to have someone who knows someone who is genuine. It would be a bit gutting if I gave someone the bits and then found them on ebay a few weeks later. 

Winston, 
Indeed the time will fly by, but even if I get rid of a pile of stuff I will still have plenty of bits to build stuff with the boys. Between the Austins, the GN (+multiple engines) I will have plenty to keep us all busy. 
What I really need to do is get on with building the 1/2 scale belt drive GN for the boys to ride around paddocks in. I had got quite a few of the parts already, pedal power to begin with, then I will upgrade later. 

Tom
You're right to be cautious in identifying the right person Tom.

I have often thought this idea would make an interesting alternative to the classic car loan schemes which several organisations run - recruit a keen young person and give them all the parts, support and advice they need to build a car. It could work well within a club scene where the responsibility is shared. Geography is the biggest hurdle I suppose.
I found this thread from 13 years ago while searching for something else! It did make me think about the exact spec of young person you would need - are they not more likely to be sons or daughters of someone in 750 club racing or the PWclub race series - and might they be the best place to talk to? i.e. as soon as you are away from non-standard then it removes 90 percent of the people around you locally who are potentially able to help and guide. http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...7&cmd=show

We have youth clubs locally who are doing the Greenpower Challenge which races at Goodwood, Castle Combe amongst others. I did start to wonder how it would be possible to engage with youngsters in the village about a chassis up build - but as they are all so busy with existing hobbies, it just really isn't sustainable... perhaps not until you get someone expressing interest while walking past with parents.