The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rusty ruby
I had a rusty Mk2 Ruby, at some point in its life someone had essentially used the original rotten floor as the 'form' for a GRP one, fitted on the inside.

Essentially the metal had all disolved, and it was amazing the body didn't fall off the chassis!.
This is probably the worst one I have seen... I doubt there was a floor and yes, the bottom of the doors are going too.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby CPO 143.jpg (Size: 229.87 KB / Downloads: 157)
(24-05-2021, 02:30 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Heavily bogged cars are the main liability.

(24-05-2021, 10:08 AM)Colin Morgan Wrote: If you mean heavily bodged, Bob, that can be true - but a Ruby has a chassis and is simply constructed so you can usually see what is there?  More difficult with a heavily fibreglass-filled monocoque?

I think Bob is using the antipodean nickname for body filler there. Body filler seems to have quite a lot: Putty, Plod, Pudding, Bondo

(25-05-2021, 04:17 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: This is probably the worst one I have seen... I doubt there was a floor and yes, the bottom of the doors are going too.

"Vintage barn find with excellent patina"
Thanks, Stuart - I think you are right with 'bogged' - makes sense.

Photos of cars always flatter - in the 'rust' a car like this is really shocking...