The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
klaxon horn 6v
Does anyone have experience of the workings of klaxon horns, I know it is no originally an A7 horn but it works, now, I hope.

The horn stopped working while I was doing other things to the car (as things often do) and I spotted that the terminals on the horn were loose. Easy I thought take apart tighten and reassemble.  Did that and it shorted out straightaway.

Took apart again and I found once the trumpet and diaphragm was removed there was no short.  But did find that the striker to the diaphragm was live. Reassembly with the screws holding the diaphragm and trumpet in place carefully making sure that the screws did not touch the diaphragm fixed the problem.  The diaphragm being isolated by two gaskets.

But is this correct for a klaxon horn or is there some hidden problem.

The back cover unlike the rist horn is cast iron and I can see no way to remove.

Any thoughts, photos of horn and striker (if that is the correct term).

Just to close this off.  Chris Garner gave me a contact for Bob Bruce in Australia re Klaxon horns and the middle pin is live so the diaphragm has to be insulated from the casing.
Yes, Robert Bruce is the best source I've found for horns, especially Klaxon types. I've bought two Klaxettes from him which I understand were original fitment on at least some Sevens(EA Sports).

Erich in Mukilteo