The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Seven
I came across a spoof advert for an electric C class mercedes, proclaiming its benefits, with small words at the end as most of us have seen elsewhere for battery powered toys etc 'batteries extra'!
what was the cost of all the bits again as a DIY project? I know it's in one of the threads somewhere.
                Sorry I don't know the cost I will try to find out, this conversion is done in such a way as to be reversible. 
There is another car being converted near me this is an RP saloon, as shown in the photos, using a bigger high torque motor driving a longer prop shaft directly. This hasn't run yet as the suppliers want to do a video conference to check the wiring before it is powered up. The radiator is a photo of mine stuck to a sheet of plastic. I have reservations about this conversion as the main battery bank is where the rear seat was, there are additional batteries in a dummy rear fuel tank and on the ledge of the scuttle where an RN has it's fuel tank. I fear all the weight at the rear may affect the car's handling and accelerate the collapse of the rear body.
Dave thanks for posting the photos, interesting that they have both taken slightly different approaches. It would be interesting to hear what range they get from the batteries.
It's interesting to see pictures of the saloon. I've seen very few of it since it left us some years ago and was converted.
I hope its gets some grommetty shrouding for those red wires going through the bulkhead! Would that spark more than 6V?
Should give at least ten miles of trouble free motering  Big Grin
Road testing of the tourer continues I've just received this report " Will got in car, (He is my weight c15 stone) Ruth followed went to Robins Lane no problem with several starts in both directions. Belts were slipping a bit at end of run, but they can be tightened. Very pleased.
Current at about 30mph is 30 to 40 amps At 50 V, that’s up to 2 kw steady speed on flat. Motor can do 10kw but never expected to need more than 5."
Now Robins Lane is no 1 in 4 hill and can be taken in third in my 4 speed RN.
If you cange the power unit gear box fuel system etc. surely you cant make enough points and become a kit car on a Q plate Also needing a retest.

And its no longer an Austin 7 So why?
Both owners contacted the DVLA about converting their cars to electric before commencing the work, the DVLA replied about making the cars go faster to which both owners said no just replacing the engine with a similar power motor to which the DVLA replied no problem.