The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Seven
Talking of Hydrogen fueled cars what has happened to LPG fueled cars ??

I don't remember stories of LPG cars exploding but 20 years ago when I was running the Mobil South Training Centre the Operations Trainer gave us all a great shock with a safety film 'BLEVE' -  boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion.

If you have a fire around an LPG storage tank or tanker a massive instant fireball results when the tank ruptures. 

Boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion - Wikipedia

The fire in the new big Tesla battery installation when under test in Melbourne recently took three days to extinguish 

We should keep the venerable internal combustion engine going   Big Grin
Howard

The repeat opening sequence showing two cars might be closer to you in Llandod, but to me it looks as if they are on the small road going across to the Gliffaes, maybe en route to an expensive launch lunch at the expensive hotel. Looked like the River Usk to the left, but maybe it is far upstream on the Wye. There is, or was, a hydrogen filling/refuelling/recharging facility in the bus station in Abergavenny, nobody I know has ever seen it being used, but when I have a Seven actually powered by its petrol engine I will whizz down there and take photos. 
I have already ranted about the orgy of naffness represented by the Tesla, and those small cars do not seem to have a target market similar to that of the Renault 4, or a small modern hatch back or estate. When we see an electric capable of being charged near a block of flats in Wolverhampton, or a terrace in Treherbert, we might take them seriously as a genuine attempt to reduce internal combustion engine useage. Anyway, dear Cabinet Minister Sharma has shown us what to do about emissions, fly everywhere as often as possible!
Hi Steve

The location is quite probable. The company is trialing (not as in going up muddy tracks  Big Grin) cars in conjunction with Monmouth council, according to their website.

I must admit if the cost was acceptable I’d be up for running one here although it would have to be able to tow a Seven  Big Grin.  That is a major problem with all of these alternative fuel solutions…they tend to have miserable towing capacity.

Cheers

Howard
(12-08-2021, 03:50 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Talking of Hydrogen fueled cars what has happened to LPG fueled cars ??

I have one!  The cost of the conversion was £2000 about 10 years ago; I hate to think how much it would be now... You are unlikely to ever recoup the initial outlay by the amount you save on petrol - unless you do a high mileage.

LPG also needs a pressurised fuel tank but the problem now is availability as garages seem to be dropping out of the scheme. I Think it is a shame because it would be a lot easier to adapt a Seven to LPG if the supply of petrol gets difficult.  My car still needs petrol to start but switches over once the engine has warmed up but I expect 'all' LPG  conversions are available.  Incidentally, my car runs better on LPG than petrol - although there is a risk to valves as it runs hotter...