The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK SEven Clubs
I was recently surpised to find that some local (NZ) Vintage Austin Register members were generally unaware of this Friends  Forum, likely their best source of tech info, and parts sources.
I seem to recall there used to be leads to the UK Clubs and henceexcellent tech info in many cases but cannot now find. Is this list still available, or were the Clubs being excessively exploited?
Do you mean this, Bob?

http://a7ca.org/member-clubs/

And I don't understand the 'excessively exploited' comment.. That rather sounds like a poor choice of term, no matter what you were trying to express...
That Bob is because sadly the VARNZ has a very blinkered view and limited knowledge of the wider Austin world and as such don't provide members with anything much beyond local social objectives.
Black Art Enthusiast
The UK Vintage Austin Register lot are also generally a non Seven organization
Hi Hugh
Thanks for list. I presumed I had seen it on the Friends site but could not find. Nothing sinister implied. I thought perhaps some clubs may not want their material copied far and wide and possibly into commercial publications and hence publicity of Clubs may have been reduced .When contributing to blogsites it is difficult to choose words which cannot possibly be construed different than intended.

Hi Ian
Clubs are faced with quandaries. The VAR has to avoid being swamped by Seven stuff. And few are much interested in the technical (In my very long experience in another Club, unless working on the particular topic at the time, most readers forget it. Often not easy to remember even as writer!). If tech stuff is encouraged get bum steers and conjecture from all and sundry. On this site such is quickly scotched, but in a mag lingers for months and forever. So many Clubs stick to whether or not the scones were hot on the last club run.
(For the local Jowett mag, for decades I used to tediously summarise the tech content of all the overseas clubs. I used to joke that the technically interested should join just our Club, have access to all the real stuff worldwide, and avoid reading about scones!)
When contributing to blogsites it is difficult to choose words which cannot possibly be construed different than intended.

Ain't that a fact, with half the world sitting there waiting to be offended! The 'modern' solution seems to be to write utter gibberish and let others guess what it was you meant to say...
chris,

welcome to my world Big Grin

although most are unlikely to admit it, i would have thought "most" clubs havent found it easy over the last few years.

but like anything in life, if you dont support it. dont cry once you have lost it.
and its always harder to replace it.

tony.