The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A strange beast until....
A strange beast....until you see what it was resurrected from. An excellent effort.
 https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C133...dium=email

Attached Files
.jpg   1.jpg (Size: 149.9 KB / Downloads: 612)
.jpg   2.jpg (Size: 179.06 KB / Downloads: 609)
Notwithstanding the chore of explaining it to everyone I think I could be content driving that.
I remember seeing that for sale and wishing I had the money so I could build a van out of it.
I'd go for that if I was in the market and I don't care what anyone might say about "authenticity". In fact I'm quite tempted...nowhere to keep to though
Nice tubular space frame for strengthening, I’ll be very impressed if that hood’s as good as it looks. I’d drive it!
I also liked the hood but was concerned about sidescreens and, are the windows/winders still there?
I couldn't see any evidence of either widows or filled slots where they once were...
    That gives me ideas.
My first seven, known as Tigger looked just that, but not so smart! It had a scuttle tank and long doors. Sadly no photos.
Roof had been cut off with a saw and a wood frame made up to protect the unwary from the raw edges. No hood,no back seat and a really big 6v tractor battery more or less loose behind the seats. There was a big updraft carburettor and the brake cables had a forest of "tensioners".
It was painted battleship grey (probably genuine over the dockyard wall, as I bought it from a fellow Sandhurst cadet who had Royal Marine connections...) In 1957 I paid ....£30 I was robbed! My pay was £1.10s a day (£1.50).... before stoppages.I lived on my pay, no parental bungs.
Handling ,was "interesting" The reaction caused by 1/4 elliptics at the rear was a new experience! 
The body was floppy and doors had more than a tendency to fly open when cornering. The whole rear section was not really held on by much.Front wheels being de facto bumpers was on occasion 
helpful!
I stripped and rebuilt the engine on the kitchen table during Easter leave...decoke, rebore, new pistons...can't recall what happened about the bearings. When put together the timing was 180 degrees out...that was a learning curve. 
When put together drove off to Snowdonia to do some rock climbing  then back to RMAS . Moved it on to an unsuspecting cadet and had a relatively civilised Seven 31 saloon for about six months.
Vowed never to have another.......
Nice little fun car, but a shame the horizontal swage line wasn't reproduced on the back of the tub. Be interesting to see if it sells at that price.
Here's one that I owned many years ago. Chopped Sept 1930 saloon
Yes, the doors did need care but it was fun. If you read the PWA7C book on Bert Hadley he appears to have driven a similar car in one photo