The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine misfiring
Good to hear Peter.
Looking around the internet I discovered Accuspark in the UK.
Among all things ignition they met they also make spark plugs.
Made in the UK even, so as the price was reasonable I bought a set of 18mm ones.
They are a three electrode type. I have yet to try them but will next week or so and will report back.
Cheers
Gary
(19-05-2021, 05:41 AM)GaryCulle Wrote: They are a three electrode type. I have yet to try them but will next week or so and will report back.
Cheers
Gary
My 1921 2-speed Sparkbrook motorcycle - with a 269cc Villiers engine - when fitted with a Lodge 3-electrode plug would just climb the steepest hill in the district. With a single electrode plug fitted, one had to get off and run alongside. I've never noticed any difference in performance on other vehicles with triple or single electrode plugs, so it may well have been this early and crude deflector-piston two-stroke engine was just suited to them.
Read and seen all the you tube videos and have decided not to bother with NGK plugs any longer. Whether the ones I bought from Green Sparkplug Co are genuine or fake I haven’t a clue (genuine I hope as they are a reputable company)
Now purchased a set of Champions. It could perhaps be a quality control issue with NGK rather than fakes.